This online course...
helps you to keep children safe online. Know how to: help keep children safe online; develop online safety awareness; engage with the internet in an appropriate way; minimise risk and help safeguard children from online dangers. Download certificate at end of course. Course Duration: Approximately one and a half hours
Keep children safe online by helping them to developing an awareness of the dangers online and to understand how to minimise the risks. Help them to use social networking safely, including the consequences of risky online behaviours. The course also helps you to consider issues such as Child Sexual Exploitation, radicalisation, children missing education, bullying and gang activity from an online and social networking perspective.
Topics covered include: definitions of safeguarding children online; understanding the risks associated with social networking; developing personal safety awareness online; knowing and understanding dangerous and risky situations and behaviours; how to avoid disclosing personal information; being aware of traps; avoiding cyber bullying and maltreatment. Also included: what to do if you are worried about something or someone online; who to talk to, including help from organisations and agencies; responding appropriately; developing online safeguards at school and at home; online safety tips for teachers and parents. The course also includes case studies and useful information.
Download certificate at end of course.
To enable you to:
- help children to be aware of possible dangers online and with social networking
- help children to develop risk and safety awareness online
- know the dangers and potential traps
- understand and act on cyber bullying
- help children to speak out if they are concerned
- take appropriate action
- understand links with current social concerns including Child Sexual Exploitation
- develop online safeguards at home and in broader contexts such as school and clubs
- develop online safety tips for staff in organisations such as schools, and parents
Who is this course for?
Schools, teachers, support staff, parents, youth organisations and clubs, NHS, government bodies, youth charities and organisations, leaders of religious organisations and everyone who wants to develop a knowledge of keeping children safe online.
- Setting the scene
- Online and social networking statistics
- A changing world: our ever changing online identities
- The different ways children engage online
- Understanding how children think online
- Developing online safety awareness
- Types of bullying: Cyber and real world
- Recognising abuse online
- Safeguarding children online: tools
- Dealing with disclosures
- Having concerns about a child or others' behaviour online
- Responding appropriately
- Protecting children online – your role
- What online safeguards are in place?
- Working with others
- Case studies
- Final thoughts and goals
- Useful books, links and contacts
Test & Certificate
- Take short multi choice test (repeat if fail)
- Download Certificate
£36 (inc VAT) per person
ONLINE LEVEL 1
Keeping Children Safe Online
Duration: Approx 1.5 hours
£36 (inc VAT) per person
Call 01992 787242 to subscribe
For groups of staff, click here
How it works
- Sign up & pay securely
- Login emailed to you
- Work with course online
- 60 days access to course
- Take test at the end
- Download certificate
- Reduced pricing for groups
- Payment by invoice
- Reports and tracking
- Administration, Team Leader setup
- Call 01992 787242