A leading Safeguarding training provider in the UK and across Europe, Asia and the Far East...

Which level of Child Protection training do I need?

by Andydo
(Essex, UK)

Generally, if you come into contact with children during your place of work, you would complete the Child Protection Awareness Level 1 course. If you work with children you would then go on to do the level 2 advanced training. If you are a Designated Person (Child Protection Officer) or are working towards becoming one, you would go on to complete the Child Protection for Designated Person's course which is the level 3.

If you are the Designated Person (Child Protection Officer) for your organisation, generally you would re-do your Child Protection for Designated Persons level 3 course every two years. The levels 1 and 2 are generally completed every three years. But to be sure, check with your organisation for their particular needs and requirements.

Comments for Which level of Child Protection training do I need?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 04, 2014
Child Protection Level 1
by: Heather

I do not work with children but in my job I do come into contact with them and after reading your website, which is very clear, I realized that I needed to complete a child protection course
Level 1.
As I am always working and haven't got a lot of spare time, I completed your online course for CP1 at home and in my own time. The information in this course is great and it has helped me so much.
I now know what my position is in safe guarding children and what must be done when presented with this situation.
Thank you so much.

Sep 20, 2013
Child Protection Course levels
by: Anne

That's great. I was wondering which level of Child Protection training I need. I've completed levels 1,2 and 3 in the past but I now need to re-do my training. I'll book online.

The customer comments are fantastic and the Woodford Green hotel venue will be ideal. I see lunch is included.

Thanks again, I'm working towards becoming a Designated Person (Child Protection Officer).



Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Graffham Consulting Ltd - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

Ask a question or post a comment

Do you have a question about this or a comment? Share it!

Disclaimer: Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information contained in this Graffham Consulting Ltd webpage / article is accurate, the material is of a general nature and not intended to be a substitute for specialist advice. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the content of the webpage / article or learning points will be suitable to your circumstances or adequate to meet your particular requirements. Accordingly, we will not be liable for any losses or damages that may arise from the use of learning points from this webpage / article or associated material.

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Cookies help us deliver our services.
By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.
Learn more

Cookie Policy explains what cookies are, which ones we use on this site and how you can manage or delete them

Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms and Conditions

Illustrations on this website are provided under licence by iStockphoto

UK Office: 01992 787242
Email: andyd@graffhamconsulting.com

Graffham Global is a part of Graffham Consulting Ltdā„¢
Copyright (c) 2005-17 by Graffham Consulting Ltd - All rights reserved
Company No. 6466057   VAT No. 926 801 127