This online course gives you the basics of Safeguarding and Child Protection and is for those who come into contact with children through their organisation or workplace.
CPD Certificate issued. Course length: Approximately two hours
To enable you to:
- Be aware about possible child abuse in different forms
- Recognise and respond to concerns about a child
- Take appropriate action
- To understand normal child development
- Maintain a focus on the child
Session 1 of 4
- What is safeguarding and child protection?
- Types of abuse and maltreatment
- Child protection activity around us
- Why is child protection important?
Session 2 of 4
- Normal child development
- Finding out: concerns about a child
- Responding appropriately
- How do you feel?
Session 3 of 4
- Protecting children - your role
- What safeguards are in place?
- Safeguarding yourself and other adults
- Working with others
Session 4 of 4
- Case studies
- Final thoughts and goals
- Useful books, links and contacts
£36 (inc VAT) per person